This section provides informaton about how to setup different environment variables for tomcat
* In a shell or DOS window, change to the "jakarta-tomcat-
* Set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to the root directory of your JDK hierarchy. You may optionally add the Java interpreter to your PATH environment variable. The exact directory may vary from system to system. Check your local file system to be sure where Java is installed.
2. Unix (bash/sh):
3. Unix (tcsh):
* You may optionally set the TOMCAT_HOME environment variable. If the supplied shell/batch scripts are executed from "jakarta-tomcat-
1. On Win32 systems you should type:
2. On UNIX (using bash/sh) you should type:
3. On UNIX (using tcsh) you should type:
* You can also do the same thing on Windows by following below steps
1. Go to system properties.
2. Go to environment variables and add a new variable with the name JAVA_HOME and provide variable value as C:\"top level directory of your java install".
3. Go to environment variables and add a new variable with the name CATALINA_HOME and provide variable value as C:\"top level directory of your Tomcat install".
4. In path variable add a new variable value as ;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin;
For more infomation click here