1. To download tomcat admin apps click here
and unzip or untar the file containing the administration web app files and do following.
2. Go to the location apache-tomcat-5.5.28-admin\apache-tomcat-5.5.28\conf\Catalina\localhost and move admin.xml to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\conf\Catalina\localhost
3. Go to the location “apache-tomcat-5.5.28-admin\apache-tomcat-5.5.28\server\webapps\” and copy admin folder to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\server\webapps
4. Edit the file $catalina_home/conf/tomcat-users.xml, making sure it looks like this:
5. restart tomcat and now when you visit http://localhost:8080/admin you should see a page that asks for a user name and password.
6. You can follow the same above steps to install tomcat manager application