TaskFreak – open source web based project management web application
July 3rd, 2010No Comments
TaskFreak is an open source simple but efficient web based task manager, todo list, time tracking application. TaskFreak! comes in 3 versions: Original (single and multi user), Time Tracking, and Enterprise. They are all open source and released under the General Public Licence (GPL) version 3.
1. TaskFreak! Original is a simple but efficient web based task manager written in PHP. It is available in 24 languages.
Key features of TaskFreak! Original
- Getting Things Done compliant
- easy setup with MySQL or SQLite (PHP4 and PHP5 compatible)
- simple and easy to use (outrageously user friendly)
- order tasks by priority and deadline, organize by project and context
2. Time Tracking – This version is all about (and only about) planning tasks and keep track of time spent on them.
- Extremely fast and simple
- Quick entry form (can create multi tasks in one go)
- Mobile devices friendly (planned for v0.5)
- Vary basic multi user support, not suitable for big companies with many teams
- No contexts, no projects, just one optional tag per task
- No plugins (no email alerts, no file attachment)
3. Enterprise – This new version of TaskFreak! is based on the experience and feedback given of the original TaskFreak.
Build from scratch, based on a MVC framework, it’s a complete project management solution that includes all features needed when working within a team : plan tasks and get reports, organize projects, share comments and documents, organize meetings, get alerted by email, track time spent working, and more. TaskFreak! Enterprise is still under development.