An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site. From a technological standpoint, forums or boards are web applications managing user-generated content. Forum software packages are widely available on the Internet and are written in a variety of programming languages, such as PHP, Perl, Java and ASP.
Today, I am going to share PHP – Mysql Open Source Forum Softwares.
1. SMF – Simple Machines Forum — is a free, professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community within minutes. Its powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the lay-out of your message board and with unique SSI – or Server Side Includes – function you can let your forum and your website interact with each other.
SMF is written in the popular language PHP and uses a MySQL database. SMF is the next generation of forum software – and best of all it is completely free!
2. Vanilla – Vanilla is an open-source, standards-compliant, multi-lingual, theme-able, pluggable discussion forum for the web. Anyone who has web-space that meets the requirements like PHP version 5.1 or newer can download and use Vanilla for free! They are having lots of addons like themes, plugins, application using which you can customize as per your requirements.
3. bbPress – bbPress is forum software with a twist from the creators of WordPress. bbPress is focused on web standards, ease of use, ease of integration, and speed allowing for great add on features through extensive plugin system.
bbPress is lean, mean and ready to take on any job you throw at it.
4. FUDforum is a highly customizable forum package, with a large feature set. The easy to use administration control panel allows the administrator to easily configure and control the many features available. The forum also includes an interactive help package, which helps to familiarize users with the full potential of FUDforum. To see FUDforum features visit- http://fudforum.org/features.php
5. MyBB – is a powerful, efficient and free forum package developed in PHP and MySQL. MyBB has been designed with the end users in mind, you and your subscribers. Full control over your discussion system is presented right at the tip of your fingers, from multiple styles and themes to the ultimate customization of your forums using the template system. To see MyBB features visit – http://www.mybboard.net/features/whats-new
6. Phorum – is open source forum software with a penchant for speed. Phorum’s very flexible hook and module system can satisfy every web master’s needs. Phorum gives the web designers the power to rearrange the data in any shape, form or fashion they could want. Phorum software requirements are PHP, version 5.2 or above, MySQL server, version 5.0 or above and a webserver (like Apache or Microsoft IIS).
7. FluxBB – is a free open source forum application designed to be fast, light and user friendly. FluxBB’s code, written in PHP, has a proven track record of stability and security.
8. IceBB – is a powerful, fast, free, and open-source forum solution powered by the free PHP and MySQL. IceBB scales well, no matter how many users or posts, due to its clean and efficient code. It can also be fully customized to your needs with full skin and language support. A powerful admin control center, along with easy-to-use moderation tools, allow you to easily manage all aspects of your forum.
9. WP-Forum, WordPress plugin – WP-Forum is a simple discussion forum plugin for WordPress. It has three themes that you can choose from and is a simple solution if you have a WordPress powered site.
10. miniBB – is a standalone open source software for building Your own Internet forum, written in PHP and using mySQL database as the backend. It’s developed with a pretty simple purpose of posting and getting messages, which includes answering questions, spreading opinions, providing users support and other kind of online public communication between website owners and their visitors, and between visitors themselves. If You just want a quick, easy, stable and secure message board attached to Your website with no big deals, which could be customized to the look of Your website or even synchronized with the current membership system, miniBB definitely stands for Your Choice.
[…] PHP – Mysql Open Source Forum Softwares | TechiePark […]
thanks a lot for this
this forum is interestinggggg 🙂
Comments are closed.